Alright, I was not particularly tagged to do this one but it sounded nice. It’s a bit of a break the ice kind of tag, and it can stray from our bookish personalities for just a little bit. I find it fun if I could get to know another person by their other hobbies. So here’s mine, and the little details about myself that I am comfortable enough for other people to know about. (Plus, I have not posted in a while, but yeah what even is consistency?)
This tag was created by Katie at ReaderRot. Now let’s get started!
1. Name a cartoon(s) that you love.
- Well there’s plenty. A lot of cartoons have influenced me as a child, and even now that I’m basically a barely functioning young adult who took up animation as a course in college. I cannot look away from the telly if some of these shows are up: Spongebob Squarepants, The Fairly Odd Parents, (the old and the anime) Powerpuff Girls, Phineas and Ferb, Adventure Time, and The Awesomes. But to be frank, The Awesomes cartoon is probably more of an adult show more than a kids show. Oh well, legal age.
2. What is your favorite song right now.
- I am really into Zedd and Alessia Cara’s single Stay because it is just so darn catchy. Slightly reminiscent to Taylor Swift’s All You Have To Do Was Stay, but I like this one better because I just love Alessia Cara’s voice. But the title of favorite song is shared with Symphony by Clean Bandit and Zara Larsson. I love Clean Bandit with every fiber of my being, and so is Zara. Plus the music video? A++!
3. What could you do for hours (that isn’t reading)?
Stare down the dark abyssI watch tv series, write and stare at my story because it really needs a lot of work and I am stuck with less than 5,000 words. I could also make some typography videos using Sony Vegas.
4. What is something you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?
- I have a video up that reached 300k+ views on Youtube. It was a Multi Editor Project that I made with my friends when we were slightly (totally) obsessed with Homestuck. But yeah, I also don’t know how it reached that many views.
5. What is your unnecessarily specific thing to learn about?
That I cover my books in plastic? Please don’t hate me. It can get really dusty here. If I want to preserve a book’s state, I need to cover it. Bad for IG photos though. I really cannot have it all.
6. What is something unusual you know how to do?
I have the power of misdirection. No, seriously. It’s like a superpower because in a way, I can creep up on people without them noticing my presence. It is very effective when I don’t want to be called for a recitation in class. Kidding, because I still get called. Sometimes. When I raise my hand. See?
7. Name something you’ve made in the last year?
My thesis? I have done a lot of projects in the last year (Re: Thesis) but okay, let me just skim my portfolio a bit. I found this Skitty model that I did for my 3D modelling class.
8. What is your most recent personal project?
My thesis? I’m currently working on a story that stuck to me that still doesn’t have a resolution. Think Upside of Unrequited meets The Sun Is Also A Star. And it’s set in Manila, mainly Intramuros and the National Museum. I left a snippet up there in case you’re wondering if there’s still hope to it. I really hope that there is. Just for once, I would actually like to finish something. Haha.
9. Tell us something you think about often.
My thesis? Okay, I may not be kidding when I say it is the thesis because I’m still being haunted by it every day. I’m stressing because we are already at that part where we will be publishing it. I am a bit scared because I basically gave our documents a tiny bit of my soul, kind of like a horcrux. It’s the proofreading stage and I am scared as all hell.
10. Give us something that’s your favorite, but make it something oddly specific.
My favorite thing on the world is mozarella cheese on top of the delicious marinara sauce. I love that it just melts away and it creates this string that is just so satisfying to look at.
Yay! Now that is done. I missed doing these random tags. Maybe I will do one every once in a while. Excuse me while I stare at all of the tags. Hahaha. Tagging some of my favorite people in the world for this tag. If you have done this tag, feel free to ignore, but hey the fun with this one is that the answers can vary. *winks*
JM at Book Freak Revelations
Nicka at Read by Nicka
Jasmine at Jasmine Pearl Reads
MC at Blame It On The Books
Shealea at The Bookshelf Bitch
Kat at Life and Other Disasters
Marie at Drizzle and Hurricane Books
Cristina at My Tiny Obsessions
and of course, YOU!
I hope you enjoyed reading the teeny tiny random things about me. To be honest, it is a nice breather from all of the books. Now if you will excuse me, I will have to drown in my TBR now.
What about you? What are some of your favorite cartoons? Have you ever experienced working on a Multi Editor Project as well? Or you just like pizza, too? Let’s chat, okay?