Note: This is just a list of books that I want on my
shelf book stack before the half of 2016. I just want to keep tabs on them because it has been a year since I spotted this but I never got my priorities straight… until I found bookshelves that have these books. I lost it. “I must have these books. Get your piggy banks together.”, I said to myself like a crazy person.
Update (January 30, 2017) I deleted the books that I don’t want to read anymore, already owned, hated, and DNFed. Instead, I listed the books that I needed to get my hands on ASAP. I didn’t delete the other ones because even after two years, I still want to read it.
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
- Am I Normal Yet by Holly Bourne
- Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza And I Darken by Kiersten White The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Update (May 22, 2016): There is no way that I could require all of these even by the end of 2016. But I will update this list with the books that has piqued my attention and I want it on my book stack.
(Updated again. Dec. 12, 2016) Oh well. At least the priority list above this one will be done next year. I HOPE.
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
The Young Elites by Marie Lu History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love by Maureen Goo
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Update (July 17, 2016): I think there is a possible way to buy more books from this list. I think… hahaha. I might also make a list of must-have YA books with male leads. But oh gosh, two more books and I will have all of the books listed on a certain Buzzfeed page.
Update (March 21, 2017): Added more books to the list because… reasons. So that when I go to the bookstore, I’m much more flexible with what I want to buy.
Update (August 13, 2017): Added more books because I don’t know my priorities anymore. But this list is amazing.