Note: This is just a list of books that I want on my
shelf book stack before the half of 2016. I just want to keep tabs on them because it has been a year since I spotted this but I never got my priorities straight… until I found bookshelves that have these books. I lost it. “I must have these books. Get your piggy banks together.”, I said to myself like a crazy person.
Update (January 30, 2017) I deleted the books that I don’t want to read anymore, already owned, hated, and DNFed. Instead, I listed the books that I needed to get my hands on ASAP. I didn’t delete the other ones because even after two years, I still want to read it.
Update (March 18, 2018): Starting again with a clean slate while retaining some of the books I have listed on here. It honestly feels great to have this list because I don’t get sidetracked (sometimes) while shopping for books. 😭
- Am I Normal Yet by Holly Bourne
The Astonishing Color of After by Emily X. R. Pan
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
- A List of Cages by Robin Roe
- What Happens Now by Jennifer Castle
- I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga
- This Side of Salvation by Jeri-Smith Ready
- Letters to the Lost by Brigid Kemmerer
My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- Always Never Yours by Emily Webberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka
What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
- A Thousand Beginnings and Endings: edited by Ellen Oh
- We Are The Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
- The Weight of Zero by Karen Fortunati
The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Chasing Mindy by Carla de Guzman
Update (May 22, 2016): There is no way that I could require all of these even by the end of 2016. But I will update this list with the books that has piqued my attention and I want it on my book stack.
(Updated again. Dec. 12, 2016) Oh well. At least the priority list above this one will be done next year. I HOPE.
(Update: March 18, 2018) More series, more fantasy. We need to step some a-game up in here.
(Update: August 10, 2018) Thanks to the bookishwish tag on Twitter, I have acquired a few titles and managed to cross off a few. I’m just floored huhu)
The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- If Birds Fly Back by Carlie Sorosiak
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee
- Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall
Emergency Contact by Mary H. K. Choi I Believe In A Thing Called Love by Maureen Goo The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
- Autoboyography by Christina Lauren
- Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds
- Starfish by Akemi Dawn Bowman
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
Update (July 17, 2016): I think there is a possible way to buy more books from this list. I think… hahaha. I might also make a list of must-have YA books with male leads. But oh gosh, two more books and I will have all of the books listed on a certain Buzzfeed page.
Update (March 21, 2017): Added more books to the list because… reasons. So that when I go to the bookstore, I’m much more flexible with what I want to buy.
Update (August 13, 2017): Added more books because I don’t know my priorities anymore. But this list is amazing.