Note: This is just a list of books that I want on my
shelf book stack before the half of 2016. I just want to keep tabs on them because it has been a year since I spotted this but I never got my priorities straight… until I found bookshelves that have these books. I lost it. “I must have these books. Get your piggy banks together.”, I said to myself like a crazy person.
Update (January 30, 2017) I deleted the books that I don’t want to read anymore, already owned, hated, and DNFed. Instead, I listed the books that I needed to get my hands on ASAP. I didn’t delete the other ones because even after two years, I still want to read it.
Update (March 18, 2018): Starting again with a clean slate while retaining some of the books I have listed on here. It honestly feels great to have this list because I don’t get sidetracked (sometimes) while shopping for books. 😭
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Am I Normal Yet by Holly Bourne
- Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
- My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- We Are The Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
- Mosquitoland by David Arnold
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli
- The Last Time We Say Goodbye by Cynthia Hand
- Tell Me Three Things by Julie Buxbaum
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
Update (May 22, 2016): There is no way that I could require all of these even by the end of 2016. But I will update this list with the books that has piqued my attention and I want it on my book stack.
(Updated again. Dec. 12, 2016) Oh well. At least the priority list above this one will be done next year. I HOPE.
(Latest update: March 18, 2018) More series, more fantasy. We need to step some a-game up in here.
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- If Birds Fly Back by Carlie Sorosiak
The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love by Maureen Goo
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco
- A Darker Shade of Magic by V. E. Schwab
Update (July 17, 2016): I think there is a possible way to buy more books from this list. I think… hahaha. I might also make a list of must-have YA books with male leads. But oh gosh, two more books and I will have all of the books listed on a certain Buzzfeed page.
Update (March 21, 2017): Added more books to the list because… reasons. So that when I go to the bookstore, I’m much more flexible with what I want to buy.
Update (August 13, 2017): Added more books because I don’t know my priorities anymore. But this list is amazing.