Note: This is just a list of books that I want on my
shelf book stack before the half of 2016. I just want to keep tabs on them because it has been a year since I spotted this but I never got my priorities straight… until I found bookshelves that have these books. I lost it. “I must have these books. Get your piggy banks together.”, I said to myself like a crazy person.
Update (January 30, 2017) I deleted the books that I don’t want to read anymore, already owned, hated, and DNFed. Instead, I listed the books that I needed to get my hands on ASAP. I didn’t delete the other ones because even after two years, I still want to read it.
- The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
- My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
- Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow
- Am I Normal Yet by Holly Bourne
- Ask the Passengers by A.S. King
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
This Savage Song by V.E. Schwab
- Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
And I Darken by Kiersten White
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
Update (May 22, 2016): There is no way that I could require all of these even by the end of 2016. But I will update this list with the books that has piqued my attention and I want it on my book stack.
(Updated again. Dec. 12, 2016) Oh well. At least the priority list above this one will be done next year. I HOPE.
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
- Cress by Marissa Meyer
- Winter by Marissa Meyer
- The Rose Society by Marie Lu
- The Midnight Star by Marie Lu
- Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
- This is Where the World Ends by Marie Nijkamp
Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
- Highly Illogical Behavior by John Corey Whaley
- Girls Made of Snow and Glass by Melissa Bashardoust
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
The Young Elites by Marie Lu History Is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
- They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera
- Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy
- The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
- The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love by Maureen Goo
- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Update (July 17, 2016): I think there is a possible way to buy more books from this list. I think… hahaha. I might also make a list of must-have YA books with male leads. But oh gosh, two more books and I will have all of the books listed on a certain Buzzfeed page.
Update (March 21, 2017): Added more books to the list because… reasons. So that when I go to the bookstore, I’m much more flexible with what I want to buy.
Update (August 13, 2017): Added more books because I don’t know my priorities anymore. But this list is amazing.