Hey there! As you may have noticed, I have an unconventional method of rating my books. I started doing this because I noticed that the books that I usually rate low gets a whole lot of beef from me. Same with the books that I truly loved. Generally, my Goodreads rating is almost the same as my rating on this blog. I usually let myself think for a few minutes so that whatever messy feelings are mushed inside me can be me made into a cohesive review. That being said, this rating system is actually really simple. Here’s a simple walkthrough to help you:
– basically a new addition to my favorite books of all time
– you cannot make me shut up about its existence
– usually it’s so good that I cannot let it be constrained within the barriers of a standard 5-star scale.
– it’s still on that boundary of “maybe I could rate it a five” or “it’s not a 4, but not a 5 either”
– still an excellent book that I won’t shut up about for a while
– there are some factors that made me not bump up the rating
– it’s a “maybe I will save it from a fire” book.
– generally a great book
– sure it has some flaws but it was great overall
– there are some elements that irk me but I am willing to sideline those because it was fantastic overall anyways
– a good book but may be forgotten when the time comes
– nice, but the general experience reading was not exactly pleasant
– maybe it’s a bit hard to get into the story, the writing is not my style, or the characters were being slightly annoying
– the book is in limbo because I just don’t know what to feel about it
– it was generally okay, but it was sort off meh?
– 3/5 elements were good enough to keep me reading, but once I’m done reading, it’s okay to move on to a better read;
– a “maybe it’s just not for me at the moment but I know others will like it” sort of book.
– basically, I’m being generous
– there were some aspects that were nice
– generally irked by the story overall
– characters annoyed/disappointed me too much
– maybe you’ll like it, but it’s REALLY not for me
– probable saving grace is the writing style.
– honestly why did I waste my time reading this
– this is just ridiculously bad
– I can’t even
– so umm… quick question: is this book really serious?
– this book belongs in the trash
– the writing probably saved this one which is why I’m still gracious with that adding that .5
– congratulations, I got through reading you
– but you deserve to be in the trash
– I will probably loathe this book forever.
– probably and maybe a DNF
– also probably finished but this book deserves to burned at the stake
– I’m not even sorry
– don’t let it go near me again
– please just don’t
– literally where is the holy water so I can save myself from gouging my eyes out
And there you have it. See? Simple enough. 🙂