Right off the bat, I’m posting another blog award. I decided to finally accept it because I am really down and I wanted to answer some questions that will hopefully make you smile and we can agree on certain things. Be warned: This is a very long post. Consider this as a comeback of some sorts. I went through a lot in those two weeks. Ugh finals.
I was nominated by Catia at The Girl Who Read Too Much, Jenny at Reader In A Reverie, Aneta at Inspire Script, Calliope at Calliope The Book Goddess , and abookesia. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it and I am very sorry that I was not able to do this one sooner. But I just want you guys to know that I love your writing and I admire your blog posts. ❤ This will be two posts, since I really want to go on about a full detail regarding each person’s questions.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten blogs.
Now onto the award!
Here are my answers to Catia’s questions:
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- I originally wanted to be a nurse so that I could monitor my dad’s health. But you guys know where I headed and it kinda sucks. Grin and bear it, that’s the plan.
- What’s the song you’re constantly listening to?
- Rather Be by Clean Bandit feat. Jess Glynne. I could listen to it anytime, anywhere, any place, at any point. It has been stuck in head for a year and 7 months now. I use it as my alarm, my ringtone and message alert. Yet I still can’t get it out of my head. ♡ And when I am bummed about school, I just listen to it and I am automically assured that everything is going to be alright.
- You’re stranded in an island. Which 3 things would you take with you?
- A book, a water purifier and pillows. I don’t even know why. Oh the wonders of the human brain.
- If you could go anywhere on the planet, where would you want to go?
- My answers to these questions will always be London. I really want to go see the place and be all like, “London? Oh yes, I live there. In a studio flat at Wetminster.” As Lord Kitchener would sing, “London is the place for me.”
- Are you a dog person or a cat person?
- I’m not an animal person in general. But between the dog and the cat, I usually go with the cat because dogs scare me when they’re barking. My mother passed on the phobia for dogs.
- If you could go hang out with 2-3 characters for a day, where would you go (fictional), what would you do and why would you do it?
- I really just want to spend a day with a single character and that is Newt from The Maze Runner. I would give that guy the best day of his life. I would make him feel like everything is normal. I would take him out of that world. And I just want to reassure him that everything is okay, no matter what happens. I would take him to the world of contemporaries, becaude I just want him to have hope. Okay, now I’m teary eyed. Newwwwwt.
- Name 3-5 fabulous people you met because of blogging
- Jennifer Niven, the author of All The Bright Places is just so wonderful. I haven’t met her personally but she is the friendliest author that I have ever got to even interact with. She is just the sweetest. She was also my first follower on Instagram. It took me a day to get over the fact that she was following me on social media. Honestly, she is just the best. Also, I don’t say this much but every blogger I get to interact with brings a smile to my face. I can ramble for hours but let’s not go there yet. :3 Plus, I ♡ all you.
- Did you have a book that meant a lot to you as a child?
- Yes, Harry Potter.
- What books were you “forced” to read in high school but ended up loving?
- I guess it would probably be “Ben Singkol” by F. Sionil Jose. He is a Filipino author and I was hesitant to read it at first. But since it was a required reading project, I got through it. The history bit helped a lot. I enjoyed the book all throughout, even if some of the scenes were too graphic for me. I was 13 then. It is linked to its Goodreads page just in case you want to read it. The whole thing is in English and it so darn good.
- A book you keep recommending you everyone you meet?
- It is always Harry Potter. ALWAYS. Every conversation goes like, “Do you read Harry Potter.” If they say no, I’ll go, “What is wrong with the world???”.
Now here are my answers to Jenny’s questions:
- If you could take any fictional character to the cinema, who would you take, and what film would you see?
- Tough one. But then, the first character that came into my mind was Greg Gaines. And we would watch all of the Oscar contender films. Or maybe Casablanca, because I think he would jump the Humphrey Bogart bandwagon with me. And then after that, maybe we can watch Aguirre: The Wrath of God (Yep, it’s a real movie. Look it up. It’s so… graphic.)
- Why did you start a blog?
- There are 3 main reasons on why I started a blog.
1) I wanted to decipher the unfathomable theory of how much money book people spend on their book hauls.
2) I found it implausible to share what I truly am on my personal accounts.
3) I get to keep tabs on what books I can get my hands on :3
- Your favourite blog post (the post you most enjoyed writing)?
- My review for the movie Heneral Luna. Not only did I enjoy writing the review about it, but I also enjoyed the process of watching on how they made the movie. Doing a background search on it helped me expressed my views in a more vivid and remarkable tone. It also showcased the inner history nerd in me, which is probably the side that people don’t usually see in me.
- Favourite male character?
- Newt from The Maze Runner. I mean just… I LOVE HIM SO MUCH.
- Favourite female character?
- Hermione Granger from the Harry freakin Potter series.
- Least favourite character?
- Dolores freakin Umbridge.
- If you could pair a fictional book character with a Disney character, who would you pair and why (romantically or otherwise)?
- I don’t know if it’s weird or anything but I totally ship Newt and Elsa. (Because Elsa is my Disney spirit guide.)
- The book that made you the most emotional?
- This dang book *insert The Death Cure* here. And to add, I haven’t read half of The Maze Runner and then I got spoiled on Pinterest. Totally made me conflicted.
- A song that reminds you of a book?
- There’s this song or rather instrumental on the start of Midnight in Paris that just plays in my head while I was reading The Secret Paris Cinema Club. I know it’s cliche but I just love that book and the song just gives it a more romantic vibe. You can listen to it here.
- If you could take any character and put them into another book world, who would you put in what world?
- I will put Newt in a contemporary because he’ll be safe there. Do you hear me James Dashner??? I DEFY THE LAWS OF THE MAZE. #BREAKTHEMAZE #BREAKTHESCORCH
Here are my answers to Aneta’s questions:
- Do you have a book that you’ve read more than twice, and would still return to?
- I have read The Perks of Being A Wallflower pretty much whenever I get bored so there’s that.
2. Have you read any graphic novels?
- Not really? I have only discovered about graphic novels recently. But I do want to buy Nimona, That One Summer and The Fangirl’s Guide to Galaxy. Hopefully soon 🙂
3. iPhone or Samsung?
- I can’t really afford an iPhone so definitely going with Samsung. (Incidently enough, I’m using it to type this blog post lol)
4. What is one of your guilty pleasures?
- Being a perfectionist? I don’t really know if eating pizza is a guilty pleasure because technically, it’s everyone’s dream to have unlimited supply of the pizza of their choice. Mine is the one with a lot of cheese and Italian tomato sauce.
5. Favourite scary movie?
- I don’t watch scary movies. I just have a low tolerance on it and I cry when I watch one. The only movie that I got to watch alone was Scream 4. I mean, I cried watching Filipino horror movies, okay?
6. What are you currently reading?
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven. I am almost halfway through the book, and I have a bad feeling about it. But then, don’t you dare! No spoilers!
7. What fictional character would you choose to be your best friend?
- This question is so hard. But oh well, I want to be best friends with A from Every Day. It’s just… you know what, we need to make a discussion post about this.
8. Do you speak any languages other than English?
- Tagalog, most definitely. Hello nga pala sa mga idol kong Filipino bloggers 😉 English is just my second language, even if it was the first language that I learned. I also speak basic French, German and Spanish. And I can also speak basic Japanese greetings. Hahaha.
9. Favourite snack?
- Pizza. Ice cream. Ugh my mouth is watering right now. I need food.
10. Favourite TV show?
- Friends. You can never go wrong with Friends.
But if you want some recommendations, I would gladly give you some of my most favorite TV shows.
- The Big Bang Theory (because they use big words and I want to use those big words when I write)
- How I Met Your Mother (I love how it’s going so far but I am already questioning the ending)
- How To Get Away With Murder (because Viola Davis is awesome)
- The Awesomes (a unique cartoon that I absolutely love)
- Saturday Night Live (because it’s funny and now I get the American sense of humor)
- Glee (the singing and the dancing)
- Parks and Recreation (the cast is just incredible)
- Game of Thrones (do I even need to explain?)
- Once Upon A Time(The little kid in me just wants Regina to have her happy ending. Stop tormenting the Evil Queen already.)
Whew. Well now that’s done. It’s time for the fun part: nominating other bloggers that very much deserve this award as well. I intentionally put in very random questions because you know… fangirling and such covers wide aspects. I also put in challenges to add additional fun. Have fun answering!
- If you get to pick between living in the world of the Moulin Rouge and Les Miserables, where would it be exactly?
- Yay or nay? Pick a random character from two books. Did the ship sail or not?
- If you could hang out with a book blogger/booktuber for a day, who would they be?
- Tell me about something unusual. Do you have unusual habits and hobbies?
- Can you recommend your all time favorite book through poetry?
- When was the last time you ate something amazing? Granted it’s pizza, you can skip this.
- On a scale of 1 – 7, how often do overload in fangirling/fanboying?
- Latest on musical charts, what music do you often listen to?
- Friends or How I Met Your Mother?
- How did blogging affect you as a person?
Now it’s your turn! I just think you deserve this award more than me. *cough* *cough* Awesome bloggers alert. But then you guys, it is not mandatory to answer. I know you get tagged by these awards a lot. **you deserve them, okay? I am also not tagging ten people because that is just how I roll. Hahaha.
Wesaun at Oreo and Books
Cristina at My Tiny Obsessions
Aentee at Read At Midnight
Jenna at Reading With Jenna
Keira at Signing On
Kat at Life and Other Disasters
Lia at Bookland
Shivalika at Whimsy Journals
Go have fun now. And I am sorry? to bombard on such a long blog post. But then there’s [Part 2]! Aye! My answers for Calliope and abookesia’s is there. I really am bad at endings. This is bothering me. Hahaha.