Well, the overwhelming thing is that I can be forgetful sometimes.
And starting off, I want to say sorry to the lovely person who has also tagged me for this award: Alysyn @ Rein Reads. I did not get the chance to include her nomination on my original post so I solely dedicate this post to her. Thank you for nominating me, Alysyn. Rest assured, I promise to keep tabs on every tag and award I get.
Here are my answers to her questions:
- What’s a book you thought you’d hate, but actually really loved?
- I actually don’t know if I hate a book… because I don’t use the word “hate” often. :3 But I would have to say that the book is Twilight. I thought I would not like the premise, but it intrigued me while I was reading it. I went into the vampire phase but not to the full extent of going AWOL about it.
2. What trope or common feature in a lot of stories do you hate?
- I don’t like having to read really, really whiny characters. While I can still tolerate some of it, when they get really whiny I finish the book and then just stare at it.
3. Do you have a favorite genre? What is it?
- I really like contemporaries. Young adult contemporaries are my safe haven. I love reading about other people’s thoughts, usually a male’s perspective.
4. Where do you buy most of your books? Which store or online site? Ebooks?
- I buy most of my books at our local bookstore here which is National Bookstore. But once in a while when I get annoyed of their lack of titles, I convince my mom to let me buy at the nearest Fully Booked. I prefer National Bookstore in terms of quick buys but I prefer Fully Booked when it comes to buying recently released titles. In fact, I’m going to ransack that place on my birthday. Kidding.
5. Do you have any bookish gift ideas?
- I think… Usually I go for customized bookmarks since I can just go edit those. It depends on the person in question on what bookish item I can give them. I’ll go with accessories and trinkets.
6. Do you follow any booktubers? If so please name them because I need more to follow!
- There’s Jesse the Reader , Reagan at Peruse Project , Grace with a book on her face , Samantha at Thoughts on Tomes , Joel Tiger (the love of my life, kidding) and Victoria Shaz. I just love them and I practically want to watch their videos all day. Their voices are very pleasant and their book recommendations are the best.
7. There are two books on a shelf. One has an awful title & a beautiful cover, the other has a banging title & a horrific cover. This is all you know about the two books, but you have to buy one. Which do you buy?
- The one with the pretty cover. I’m just being real here. 😀
There you go with a blog award continuation. Again, sorry for forgetting the tag. But I still love you all nonetheless.