Before anything else, I just want to thank you guys first. I mean, I’ve only been here for three months. In those three months, my life has changed so much. I got more in the zone and I got myself together. I gained a lot of friends and I pushed myself harder than usual. So when this little bae popped up from my notifications, I knew that I had to go do something.
Hence, I finally had the guts to accept this pretty nomination. I want you guys to know more about me so I guess this post is somewhat my thank you for all of you who are kind enough to follow me. But first, I would like to thank Hannah @ Readvive and Jessica @ Mud and Stars . It means a lot to me, especially if someone tags or nominates me for something. Rest assured, I’m going to do all those tags. Not one neglected. Thank you very much. ❤ As tradition has stated, I will be assisted by some incredibly helpful Chandler Bing gifs.
1. Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the 7 questions the nomination has provided.
3. Nominate 7 other bloggers.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees.
Here are my answers for Hannah’s questions:
- What book from your childhood had the biggest impact on you?
- The easiest answer to this question is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. I would not be The Ultimate Fangirl if not because of that book. It started the magic and it sparked my vast interest for books. But, I also had this big book of fairy tales by the Grimm Brothers that I keep somewhere in the house. I consider it as treasure because I used to never leave the house without it.
2. Cookies without milk, or milk without cookies?
- I don’t think I can answer this question with coming up with a conclusion on which is best to live by without. I cannot eat cookies without and milk is much more better with cookies. Besides, if there’s just cookies, there would not be a cookies and cream flavored ice cream. I would be very depressed indeed.
3. If you could chat with any author, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
- Does ol’ William Shakespeare count even if he’s a playwright? But I would rather talk to Stephen Chbosky more than anything else in this world. Notice me, Sir. I just find his works very interesting and he wrote THAT book. And then directed it. BASICALLY MY DREAM JOB. RIGHT THERE. How did he do it? Okay, I will stop now.
4. What is your current life soundtrack?
- Jess Glynne’s new album. I live and breathe her music. Right down to my very core. Also, I think it’s about time I dedicate a fangirl corner for her. Jess Glynne is my queen! ❤
5. What is your biggest pet peeve?
- I have tons. Most of the time, it is incorrect grammar. But there’s this hatred in me when I buy a book. The plastic used to keep it secure make the pages dog-ear. I HATE IT. (Note on the proper use of the word “hate” there. I want something done about it because it ruins a perfectly good book. That’s how it’s done.)
6. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
- My mother buying the Harry Potter books and the movies in DVD’s. No one can top those magical moments in my life.
7. If you could live inside any book, which would you choose and why?
- I have a feeling that you already know where I want to live in. I have mentioned it like a bajillion times. Make sure you visit me in the Ravenclaw common room, okay?
Now here are my answers for Jessica’s questions:
- What would be the one book you’d recommend to someone who says they don’t like reading?
- Right off the bat, I’m going to say Harry Potter… Again. And here is my monologue for that wonderful person, “I don’t care if you don’t like reading. Here’s a book. You will thank me later for changing your life forever. You’re welcome.”
2. Are there any books which have been made into a film where you think the film is better than the book? (And also, because I’m curious, which film adaptation do you think completely butchered a book you love?)
- I don’t know if you people will agree with me but I absolutely loved the movie adaptation of The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. It made me cry more than the book did and I absolutely loved crying about it. Maybe it’s because of the casting that disappointed some but I already had them in mind when I was reading TFIOS.But also, don’t get me started on Beautiful Creatures and City of Bones. Just no.
3. How many books have you read this year, and how many are you aiming to read by the end of 2015?
- YOLO on this subject. I have only read so few a books this year that I predict you can count with your fingers and toes. I’m aiming to get more books so I won’t have to curse my ebook reader every single time. Yet according to my Goodreads account, I was aiming to read just 30 books. Can I go sit in a corner and eat with a bucket of popcorn and read about the success stories of people who have read 100+ books with just 4 months of the year remaining? You know who you are. Kidding. 😀
4. What’s a book that everyone else seems to love, but you were disappointed by?
- I don’t know. I really don’t “DNF” books because I read what floats my boat. I have nothing to say.
5. What do you think will be the next big trend in YA books (or books in general?)
- There’s this weird voice on the back of my head (No, it’s not Voldemort, mind you.) that says it will be historical fiction. I have no basis for my answer on this question because I just feel like it. And also I really want to read Legacy of Kings, which sort of historical fiction.
6. Which book on your shelf has the most beautiful cover?
- Do I even need to explain any further? I mean when I bought this book, I just could not stop staring at it because its gloriousness. Is this not the most wonderful book cover ever?
7. Which main character from a book do you think is most similar to you?
- This book character named Ella Enchanted. You know that book where the girl is gifted with obedience? I just love her so much. I feel like her in every way. I used to loathe her, just because people used her name to tease me. But now, as Ella has taught me, I just need to follow heart and make the decisions that will make me happy. It’s also my favorite guilty pleasure movie.
We now proceed to the lovely bloggers that I want to nominate for this wonderful award. I don’t know if they have done it, but rest assured, the people I’m nominating below deserve this lovely award. You should definitely follow them as well because they all have such beautiful blogs. ❤
Dee @ The Bookish Khaleesi
Fran @ Nightjar’s Jar of Books
Qui @ Qui Reads
Jen @ My Bookie Journey
Shannon @ Books That Love You Back
Tanaz @ Bookish Freaks
My questions for you guys ❤
- What is your most favorite underrated book? If you have a lot, feel free to list them down.
- Are you a fast reader or a mellow reader?
- Any favorite Booktuber/blogger?
- How did you pick up your blog name?
- Did you ever fall asleep with a book on your face?
- What genre makes you cringe?
- Can you give us an advice if ever we have a reading slump?
There you go wonderful people! I hope you enjoyed my answers and I hope that you stay tuned to my blog. I still can’t believe that number. More posts, more fangirling and more vast improvements. And also my birthday’s next month so I have a little treat coming up. 😉