I know. I’m bad at keeping up with tags. WordPress continues to overwhelm me with wonderful posts and wonderful bloggers. I just love it here.
But first off, I want to thank the special people who nominated me for this award:
Here are the rules of this beloved award:
Onto the questions!
- How did you start to like reading?
- I feel like I have mentioned this before. 😀 I started to like reading since I was 4, for reasons unfathomable and incomprehensible for my then tiny brain. I just liked doing it because I saw my mom doing it often.
2. Do you prefer reading paperbacks/hardcovers or ebooks?
- It usually depends on what mood I’m in. One of my early posts made me rant about ebooks. But then again, those are just teenager hormones. Usually when I’m dying to read a book, I read an ebook.
3. If you were send to a desert island and could only bring a small non-Hermione bag, what would you put in it?
- A mirror, a fan, and an everlasting Gobstopper. I don’t know. That’s just how my mind works right now.
4. Do you rate the books you read? If you do, what’s your criterion?
- Yes, I do. Then again, I notice that I don’t give low ratings to books. I mean, I wouldn’t read it in the first place if no one loved it. If the book made me smile while reading it and it did not make me feel like crap while reading it automatically gives the book a 4-star rating.
5. What’s your most loved gender for books? And most hated?
- I love contemporary novels. Just because they are so easy to read and they speak to me a lot (especially YA books narrated by males). I don’t hate any specific one… Because every books needs to be loved. (Even an algebra book, even if it doesn’t love you back. Joke.)
6. What’s you zodiac sign?
- I’m an indecisive Libra. Pretty ironic, isn’t it?
7. Do you like to eat while reading? If you do, what’s your favorite food to go with a book?
- Yes, I eat while I read. Bit weird but I’m also a ninja because I make sure the food is away from the book. I don’t have a favorite because I just want something to chew while I read. But I do prefer tuna in cans with rice and sour cream chips. Classy. Teeheee.
8. Do you like to read comics/mangas?
- Of course! I particularly love Archie and X-Men comics while I love the art of Fairy Tail and Kuroko no Basket mangas.
9. If you could move to another country, which would you choose?
- I will live in a studio flat in Westminster, London, UK. I would kill to live in London. It’s the dream. (And because a particular English actor that I absolutely fancy lives there. Wait for me future hubby! //shots)
10. Do you have any pets?
- Nope, I don’t have one. I’m severely allergic, sadly. We used to own a fish but it died because no one attended to it while we were on a one-week vacation. R.I.P. fighter. 😦
11. In which Hogwarts house are you?
- As I said in a previous tag, I was sorted to Ravenclaw twice. Raise the banner, #RavenclawPride.
Now onto Savi’s questions!
- If you could live in one book series for a week, what one would you pick and why?
- Nothing would make me happier than to live in the world of Harry Potter for a week. I’d probably die by the end of that week. Probably because the inner Potterhead in me can’t bear to leave the place.
2. Which three male characters would you kiss, kill and marry and why?
- Easy. I will kiss Chaol Westfall from the Throne of Glass series for reasons that I want to keep to myself. I will kill Christian Grey (no offense to anyone who loves Fifty Shades of Grey but sorry). And I will marry Greg Gaines from Me and Earl and the Dying Girl. Greg and I will make films until we’re old. ❤
3. Who is your favorite author?
- This question is killing me. I love every author to bits but if I could choose, the goddess of writing is J.K. Rowling. But all other others are gods and goddesses too. Agh.
4. Is there a book that you have read that would like to see turned into a film?
- I don’t really know… I also have this dream of turning YA books into films but I’m really itching to see a film adaptation of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick.
5. What is your favorite book quote?
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
- From Charlie of The Perks of Being A Wallflower
6. Is there a film adaption of a book you’ve read that you are sincerely disappointed with?
- Magically, none. I may say it’s a bit of downlow but I don’t watch movies if it’s labeled, “Crappy adaptation of a very very famous book.”
7. What is your favorite children’s book?
- For a kid who grew up in the golden age of Harry Potter, the series is just the thing that defines my childhood. I am starting to feel like this turning into a Harry Potter post. Hahaha.
8. Would you rather be stuck in a horror book or a fantasy book?
- I would rather die than to be stuck in a horror book. So let’s go to the land of fantasy!
9. If you could write your own YA novel, which actor would you want to play the male lead?
- I want Thomas Brodie-Sangster to be the male lead. He’s always the one I’m picturing of whenever I feel like writing a novel (that I don’t finish). You can Google him, but oy, he’s mine first.
10. Why and when did you start a book blog?
- I wouldn’t exactly call my blog a book blog because it’s really complicated as I named it “The Ultimate Fangirl”. But I started blogging because I had no platform to share my feelings on a certain topic like for example: the Monica’s Poems for Sam series here on my blog. There’s no way that I could post that on Facebook without embarrassing myself. And I can’t post that on Twitter as well. Blogging is my safe haven. And I want it to stay that way.
11. Do you want to write in the future?
- It depends. I always have stories going on inside my head but I’m terrible at endings. As much as I want to pursue it, endings will become the end of me. Get it? Okay. :3
Whew. Yay! I did it. Now, for some weird facts about moi.
- By September, I might have cosplayed Elsa of Arendelle already.
- My last name sounds like a rip-off of a car brand.
- My favorite singer is Jess Glynne.
- I am currently working on a lot of different programs.
- My ears usually filter sounds when I’m reading.
- I could read in a noisy room if I’m too engrossed with what I’m reading.
- My top 2 celebrity crushes are Thomas Brodie-Sangster and Ansel Elgort.
- I get the best ideas when my personal bloody war is about to come. I don’t know why but it’s weird.
- Chandler Bing is my favorite Friend.
- Math is my waterloo.
- Unrequited for 13 years. And counting?
And here are my questions for the people I will be tagging:
- When did you feel the urge to blog?
- Do you want to hit Joffrey Baratheon?
- How much of a Potterhead are you?
- Did you blow your brains out before you got satisfied with your blog name?
- How do you get out of a reading slump?
- On a scale of 1 – 10, how crazy are you for the anticipated -ber month releases of 2015?
- What is your take on Deadpool?
- Can you fall asleep with a book wide open on your face?
- Have you tried the Infinite Book Challenge? And if yes, how many books did you get and how did you surpass the mental block?
- Any favorite Booktuber/blogger?
- What’s your favorite pizza topping? Does it look good on a book?
I know my questions are weird, okay? But I really want to know your take and yes, it’s okay to answer crazily.
Aye, that’s it for me. Gosh, I don’t who hasn’t been nominated and who is. I want to thank Annelise and Savi for the nomination again. ❤
I will probably update this post tomorrow for the people I will tag but for now, if you want to answer the questions, you can.
It’s 1 am. And I’m still awake. But until then,