I cannot hold this off anymore.
Warning: Long post because I got tagged a lot.
Is this a dream? Is this the real life? Is this just a fantasy? Tell me that you’re kidding. How did my name get in those lists? I mean come on.
First of all, senpais noticed me. IT IS THE AWESOMEST FEELING EVEEEEEEEER.
Second, you guys are all so nice. You know how to cheer a fangirl up.
Third, my blog hit the 100 mark! Wow. Wait, how did I even get that many? In comparison, I’m just like a freshman who has faced one and a half months so this is really flattering.
Fourth, IS THIS AWARD EVEN REAL?
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
- Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post.
- Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image in the right).
- Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. That way, anyone can find the original guidelines and post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
So to the people who tagged me:
Thank you. How much does this mean to me? A lot.
Jesse @ Books at Dawn : For being one of the persons who said that my writing’s good. Also for being kind enough to comment on one of my early posts.
Cristina @ My Tiny Obsessions : For mostly noticing me and and for sharing fangirl obsessions. ♡
Rogan @ Signing On : For affirming me that I picked a correct name for my blog and that people read my poems. Teehee.
Mel @ Dat Little Blog : For noticing my blog and being kind enough to tag me.
Parneet @ The Enchanted Book : For giving me a thumbs up and find my stories interesting? (Wait, they are? OMG <3)
Makayla @ Random Reads : For the awesome advice on her blog and being so cool.
Wesaun @ Oreos and Books : For being the first person who’s nice enough to comment on my then fresh WordPress blog. It changed my thoughts about bloggers and you’re just so nice I want to hug you ♡
I have to tell you guys, like what I mentioned in my previous posts, it really was a blur. Followers here there and everywhere and it just makes me very happy that people would actually read something that I wrote. Bit overwhelming ♡ So thank you, thank you very much. It just inspires me to do better and to give more worthy blog posts. Blog backstory time!
I was actually lurking around this whole time.
I actually started blogging way back last year on Blogspot. My website name notoriousLaylow came from a Pesterchum handle from one of my characters. (Give me time. I will explain about Homestuck.) I had the same name because I felt like “The Ultimate Fangirl” title belongs to me. Because I can like anything. Books, movies, anime, TV shows, music (any kind. Even K-Pop and J-Pop), Youtube, food, travel, history, random stuff. Like literally. You can talk to me about anything. (Except Mathematics. You can even talk to me about electricity. JUST NOT ALGEBRA, TRIGONOMETRY AND GEOMETRY.) So I made like a masterpost of what I can talk about. But I lost interest pretty quickly. My blog looked like trash and the interface is really quite bothersome. And plus, I don’t know anyone. I wasn’t aware of the book community at that time. It was actually a shame because I have the idea on what I want to write. It’s just the platform that took too much work on my then noob coding skills.
So after deleting that awful site, I started getting this habit of looking at YA book lists circulating around the net. Mostly, Bustle lists about books to be released. At the same time, I had an increase in my allowance. It allowed me to buy books if I saved most of it. Then I found Booktube and I was like whoa. THAT’S JUST THE BARE MINIMUM OF BOOKS YOU GET IN A MONTH? HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS? Same thing applied to the Filipino bloggers that I found and somehow, it got me to create a Bloglovin and Goodreads account. In the midst of that process, I saw some blogs that I can only follow through WordPress and such so I created an account. Then I was like… wait. It’s a blogging platform. Let’s give it a go. Now take a hint if I enjoyed it. Hahaha.
My family has confirmed that I am a total nerd. And that I want to have a library. I get a legit bookshelf.
I now know how to balance my weekly allowance and I became a ninja in spotting nearby bookstores and upcoming sales. (Although I failed horribly on my first try.)
My friends come to me for book recommendations. They actually find it odd that they just noticed it now. They also help me to get away from bookstores. They keep me restrained on my book buying ban. Because they know that they can borrow books from me lol
- Find the correct platform – Usually, it takes a while to get used to it but there’s no harm in trying different platforms. There’s a lot of sites that can accommodate bloggers tastes. For me, it was WordPress. It made it look easy.
- Post what makes you inspired – Just go for it! Your mind is full of wonders. Just make sure that your post is friendly and if ever it’s a rant, just lay low on it.
- Be friendly and be nice – Bloggers don’t bite. They just want someone to fangirl/fanboy with. It’s a wonderful community built by friendship, extraordinary posts from each and everyone, and shipping. Downright shipping.
So you’re still with me, right? I know that it’s an extra long post.
The people I will tag here may or may not have done this award but I feel like they deserve it more than I do. They inspired me to blog and I really want to meet these awesome people. Actually, some of them already tagged me to do this. Hey there Jesse, Cristina and Wesaun. Teehee.
I’m bending the rules because I always do it. I’m tagging 5 instead of 15 because yes, I digged.
Shelumiel @ Bookish and Awesome : Who is super friendly and whose blog I
stalked followed soon enough as I started reading a few of his posts. His writing is so good.
Justine @ Bookwormaniac : Who was kind enough to be my first follow when what I have on my blog was only an Introduction through Chandler Bing gifs post.
Erika @ Erika in Bookadventureland : Whose blog I find pretty and awesome. I just love her posts and thoughts.
Rae @ bookmarkchronicles : Who tagged me for the first time. I appreciate the little things and the people behind it. Thank you Rae ❤
Catia @ The Girl Who Read Too Much : Who shares with me an undying love for The Perks of Being Wallflower. Yes!
That’s it, folks. I will now sleep. Fangirls need sleep. Loads of it. But of course even then,
P.S. I am horrible at endings.